Biggest injustice of my career!' - Ribery fumes at not winning 2013 Ballon d'Or


Nearly six years have passed since Franck Ribery finished third in the Ballon d'Or rating but the Frenchman is still angry over not winning the award.

Ribery had a sensational year at club level in 2013, notching 22 goals and 18 assists that as Bayern Munich won the Bundesliga, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, German Cup and FIFA Club World Cup
However, it was not enough for him to steer away of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. After scoring 66 times, Ronaldo garnered 27.99% of the votes to win the prize, while Messi got 24.72% and Ribery got 23.36%.
More than a disappointment. It's the biggest injustice of my career," he told L'Equipe.
Not only for me, for many people. I was on top and I finished 3rd."
"I had nothing to envy Ronaldo or Messi that year. I say it in all humility because it is the truth.
This isn't the first time Ribery has embarked on an outburst over the decision. Earlier this year he said he was "disgusted" over not winning and that he still hadn't "digested"

Comments